Apple on Wednesday released an update to its Mac operating system, El Capitan. The 10.11.1 update is available in the App Store under Updates. You can also go to the Apple menu, select About This Mac, and click the Software Update button in the Overview window.
According to the release notes, the update “improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.” The release notes also state that the update:
- Improves installer reliability when upgrading to OS X El Capitan
- Improves compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016
- Fixes an issue where outgoing server information may be missing from Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented display of messages and mailboxes in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevents certain Audio Unit plug-ins from functioning properly
- Improves VoiceOver reliability
- Adds over 150 new emoji characters with full Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 support
We always recommend that you back up your Mac before installing the update.
Sign up for Computerworld eNewsletters.