Once in an interview, the tough part begins, makes sure you know the 12 questions project managers should be prepared for in a job interview. Before your next interview, spend time doing some research in preparation for your response:
- Research the industry the business resides in.
- Research the nature of the business, its activities, products/services, stakeholders, etc.
- Review the business vision, mission statement, short-term and long-term objectives.
- Search for information on the management team and overall business culture.
- Determine how your role as a project manager and leader may impact that particular business, and in turn, also how it may be impacted by that business.
- Think about how you can best utilize your training and experience to advance projects successfully.
Sign up for Computerworld eNewsletters.