Noting that all digital transformation begins with data, Mark Bentkower (CISSP), director fo solutions marketing, Asia Pacific, Commvault (pictured above), suggested that organisations "can have data without information, but cannot have information without data". He proposed three key data challenges facing organisations: backup & recovery; data migration; and lack of control and insight. If left unchecked, organic data growth within organisations will leave systemic data silos that will impede transformation and integration.
The Tech Summit was held alongside the CIO Summit, which was organised by Executive Networks Media (publisher of CIO Asia) and IDC. It provided a more technical aspect that appealed to IT professionals on the frontline and behind the day-to-day running of enterprise IT within their organisation.
Other stories from The Summit 2017:
- Lost? Here's the roadmap to become a digital native enterprise
- What jobs are AI/robots after?
- AR becomes a reality for DHL and National Museum of Singapore
- How analytics enable Johnson and Johnson to become a digital-enabled enterprise
- DHL shows how smart glasses can help improve warehouse operations
- Steps to secure a cloud-filled future
- CIO Summit KL 2017: What are the keys to staying relevant in a digital native's economy?
Sign up for Computerworld eNewsletters.