Furthermore, more than 47 million malicious mobile apps were found to have been downloaded by users in APAC. This is the highest among other regions including EMEA (30 million), North America (8 million), and Latin America (6 million).
"APAC was targeted by threats and cyberattacks disproportionately in the first half of the year. Companies in the region need to better understand cyberattacks and prioritize funds accordingly for effective security," said Dhanya Thakkar, managing director and vice president of Trend Micro in APAC.
- Hong Kong launches 'Fight Ransomware Campaign'
- Singapore to strengthen skills of cybersecurity professionals in govt and CII sectors
- Singapore leads 2FA implementation in Asia Pacific
- Philippines records over 3 million malware incidents in Q2 2017
- Philippines' finance department starts cybersecurity defence system implementation
Sign up for Computerworld eNewsletters.